Staying on top of the latest trends in home decor isn’t for everyone, but even for traditionalists, it can be fun to incorporate some new ideas. One of the areas that homeowners are always looking to spruce up is the bathroom. This could be the master bath, guest bath or even your child’s jack-and-jill! Here are five bathroom decor trends that are appearing in 2017.
- Geometric Patterns: Many homeowners are selecting bold patterns in geometric shapes, like chevrons, triangles, or hexagons. These patterns can add intrigue and continuity to your tile or shower curtain. This is an easy way to add a splash of color and make this space more personable. Top picks are aloe vera and bamboo!
- Plants: Even the best-designed bathrooms can benefit from some small plants. If you have a windowless bathroom, there are some low-light options that can survive with little maintenance.
- Dark Colors: This can be tricky to achieve, but it comes with a big pay off. While traditional bathrooms are often painted with brighter whites and greys, opting for darker colors can make a bathroom seem more luxurious and relaxing. Imagine sinking into a deep bath with dim lighting—that might convey the appeal of a darker palette. You can balance the dark colors with a lighter cabinet or accent pieces.
- Brass Hardware: Trends often come back around, and this year, brass fixtures of the ‘70s are popular once again.
- Minimalism: The massive master bathroom is still great, but there’s also some appeal in smaller bathroom designs. Minimalism allows for smaller spaces to feel more intimate, but still airy and open.
Your bathroom doesn’t need to fall behind the times, even though it isn’t the first room we think of when it comes to decorating. Start with something small, like adding a plant or changing out your wall decor, and continue to decorate the space to match your design tastes! If you are getting ready to list your home, we can talk about which of the latest trends will help potential buyers see themselves in that space!