Gratitude is defined as ‘the state of being grateful, thankfulness’. People don’t always understand how gratitude can change a life and change your state of mind. Now more than ever is a time where many people reflect on what they have and how grateful they are for those around them. Showing gratitude towards others can be as simple as a smile or a hand written note. What seems like a simple gesture can mean the world to someone. By showing gratitude you will lead a happier and more satisfying life.
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. -Melodie Beattie
1. Give Compliments
- Make someone feel great by giving them a compliment or telling them what you love about them. Be specific so they know you are being genuine. A compliment can brighten someones day.
2. Volunteer your Time
- Volunteer your time at the local school, animal shelter or food bank. There are so many organizations that need an extra hand and it will be a great reminder of what you have to be thankful for.
3. Help a Stranger
- Donate food to someone who may not get a meal that day or help an elderly person bring their groceries to the car. Slow down and be aware of others around you that you might normally look past.
4. Keep a Gratitude Journal
- Challenge yourself to write down something or someone you are grateful for each day. Wake up each day with a grateful heart and start your day out on a positive note.
5. Send a Handwritten Letter
- Take the time to write handwritten letters to friends and family each week. Let someone know you are thinking of them, love them or miss them. They will appreciate the personal message.
We are truly Grateful for all of our family, friends and clients!